Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- ½ teaspoon Accent
- 8 sprigs of thyme
- 2 oz escallion
- 2 small hot peppers
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- half a loaf French bread
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Grind escallion and hot peppers in a mincing mill.
- Add to ground beef with salt.
- Place meat in a saucepan making a well in the center into which place 4 sprigs of thyme.
- Cook without adding any water or fat until meat has lost its broth and only certain amount of oil remains.
- Pour off excess oil and add this to the paprika to be used later on, strained for coloring meat.
- While meat is being cooked, pour sufficient cold water over bread in a saucepan to cover and soak for a few minutes, then squeeze dry, saving water.
- Pass bread through mincing mill and return the ground bread water with 4 sprigs of thyme and cook until bread is dry.
- Combine meat and cooked bread.
- Add color, paprika in sufficient quantity to color the meat to taste.
- Cook together for a further 20 minutes. Add Accent.
- Remove from fire. Cool for filling pastry circles.