FOR THE JALEBI
- 100 gm flour
- 2 tbl gram flour, (30g)
- 5 tsp Curd, (25 ml.)
- 4 tsp oil, (20 ml.)
- A few strands saffron
- 1 cup Sugar, (200 g.)
- oil for frying
- sugar syrup as required
- 100 ml Malibu
- 250 ml Rabri
- A little sliced fresh coconut
- A few cherries for garnishing
- MIX all the ingredients for the jalebi, except Sugar and oil, together.
- Add a little water to mix to a thick batter. Cover and set aside for 20 hours.
- Heat oil in a flat pan.
- Put the mixture in a cloth bag with a small hole and pour it into the hot oil in jalebi shape.
- When crisp, remove from oil and put it into the sugar syrup.
- Similarly make more jalebis with the remaining mixture.
- Blend in the Malibu with the rabri.
- Put a little Malibu flavoured rabri in a plate and place a jalebi over it.
- Garnish with coconut slices and cherries.
- NOTES : Jalebis served with Malibu flavoured rabri.