This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Pinion Estate in Mesquite, Texas in 1994.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1½ tablespoons baking powder
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1⅓ cup milk
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup frozen corn thawed
- 1 cup shredded colby cheese
- ½ cup carrots finely chopped
- ½ cup grated white onion
- ¼ cup seeded fresh jalapeno peppers finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Grease muffin tins or line with paper liners.
- In a large bowl stir together cornmeal, flour, baking powder, salt and brown sugar.
- Whisk eggs, milk and melted butter in a medium-size bowl then stir into dry ingredients.
- Add corn, cheese, carrots, onion and jalapeno peppers and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Pour batter into tins and bake 30 minutes.