Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Pinion Estate in Mesquite, Texas in 1994.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1½ tablespoons baking powder
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1⅓ cup milk
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup frozen corn thawed
- 1 cup shredded colby cheese
- ½ cup carrots finely chopped
- ½ cup grated white onion
- ¼ cup seeded fresh jalapeno peppers finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Grease muffin tins or line with paper liners.
- In a large bowl stir together cornmeal, flour, baking powder, salt and brown sugar.
- Whisk eggs, milk and melted butter in a medium-size bowl then stir into dry ingredients.
- Add corn, cheese, carrots, onion and jalapeno peppers and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Pour batter into tins and bake 30 minutes.