Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
This is an Indian drink that eases the stomach after a heavy meal. It is tasty, digestive and beats the summer heat too.
- Salt - half-a-spoon (Rock salt if possible)
- Cumin seeds - two pinches
- Lemon - 1
- Tamarind juice (optional)
- Black pepper - a spoonful
- Coriander seeds - a pinch
- Ginger - freshly crushed
- Mint leaves - freshly crushed (optional)
- Sugar - a pinch
- Saunf - two pinches (optional)
- Carbonated water (optional)
- Ice Cubes - crushed
- Roast a mixture of cumin, saunf, coriander and black pepper to dryness. (Stir them on a shallow frying pan over flame till you get a roasted aroma).
- Grind them into powder.
- Take a glass and add salt, lemon juice, a small pinch of sugar, tamarind and mint.
- Add a few drops of juice from the freshly crushed ginger.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir to mix them.
- Then fill up the glass with chilled water and / or ice.
- You can also fill up with carbonated water if you like (this combination releaves headache and nausea too).
- Garnish with a twig of mint. This must taste salty and tangy (sour).