Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 10 servings.
- 1 medium pumpkin (large enough to hold 6 cups mixture)
- 1 pound well-seasoned lean bulk pork sausage
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 tart red cooking apple, cored and chopped
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ½ cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cut off top of pumpkin; remove seeds and fibers. For a jack-o-lantern effect, paint a face on pumpkin with a permanent marker or acrylic paint. Set aside.
- Cook sausage in skillet, stirring to crumble. Drain well.
- Combine sausage, rice, apple, onion, celery, raisins, brown sugar, salt, allspice, cinnamon and pepper; spoon into pumpkin shell.
- Place on baking sheet. Bake at 350°F for 1¼ to 1½ hours, or until pulp inside pumpkin is tender.
- Spoon rice mixture from pumpkin. Scoop out cooked pumpkin; season with butter, salt and pepper, if desired. Serve with rice mixture.