Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Serves 2 to 4
- 2 eggs, separated
- 40 g caster sugar
- 5 tbsp single cream
- 110 g plain flour
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 450 g cooking apples
- 110 g butter or oil
- icing sugar
- To make the batter, beat the egg yolks with sugar and cream.
- Whisk the egg whites until very stiff and fold in.
- Sift the flours and mix in lightly.
- Peel, core and cut the apples into rings.
- Spike the apple rings and turn in the batter.
- Melt the butter or heat the oil in the frying pan, and drop the apple rings into it.
- Fry on both sides until golden and nicely puffed up.
- Pile on a plate, sprinkle icing sugar over them through a fine sieve and serve immediately.