- Cut tops from peppers, remove seeds, and blanch in boiling water for 5 minutes, drain well.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet, over a moderate flame.
- Add ground Beef, onions, and garlic. Saute for 5 minutes.
- Add oregano, basil, thyme, marjoram, salt, pepper, tomatoes, half of tomato sauce, water, and rice. Stir to mix well.
- Cover and simmer over a medium-low flame for 15 minutes
- Place peppers upright in a casserole dish.
- Fill with meat mixture, pack tightly. Surround with remaining meat mixture.
- Pour remaining tomato sauce over all. Top with grated mozzarella.
- Remove from oven. Serve hot.