Makes 4 servings.
- 1 cup chopped Onion
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
- 1 10-1/2-ounce can tomato puree
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless Beef round Steak
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 1 4-ounce can sliced Mushrooms, drained
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- Cook Onion in 1 tablespoon butter until tender.
- Add tomato puree, broth, garlic powder, sugar and oregano. Simmer 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut Steak in strips about 1/2x3-inches. Season with salt and pepper.
- Brown in remaining 1 tablespoon butter.
- Add sherry and Mushrooms. Cook 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in tomato sauce; cover and simmer 30 minutes.
- Serve over fluffy rice.