Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 4 mild or hot Italian sausage links
- 2 tbsp olive or salad oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced and separated
- 1 clove garlic, minced or crushed
- 3 medium sized green or red bell peppers, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 (15 oz) can Italian-style tomatoes (plum)
- 1 tbsp each dried basil, sugar, salt and pepper
- 4 French rolls or hot dog buns
- Cook sausages in large frying pan over medium heat until golden brown.
- Remove pan and set aside.
- Add oil, onion, garlic and peppers to drippings.
- Cook, stirring occasionally until vegetables are soft, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, breaking up with spoon.
- Then add basil and sugar.
- Add sausages and cook 15 minutes.
- Remove cover, increase heat to medium high and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place sausages and tomato sauce in bun and enjoy.