Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 cups beef broth
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 1½ cups dry red wine
- 28 ounces Italian-style tomatoes, broken up
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 medium green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced ¼-inch thick
- 2 cups dry bow tie pasta, 1½-inch size
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
- In a 5-6 quart pan, combine onions, garlic and 1 cup broth.
- Boil on high heat, stirring occasionally, until liquid evaporates and vegetables start to brown, 10–14 minutes.
- To deglaze, stir in 3 tbsp. water to release browned bits.
- Cook, uncovered until liquid evaporates and mixture begins to brown again, about 1 minute.
- Repeat deglazing step 3 more times until mixture is richly browned.
- Add sausage and ½ cup more water.
- Stir gently until liquid evaporates and meat begins to brown, 8–10 minutes.
- Add remaining 4 cup broth.
- Stir to loosen browned bits then add wine, tomatoes and their liquid, basil, sugar, green pepper, zucchini and pasta.
- Cover and bring to boil over high heat.
- Simmer until pasta is just tender to bite, about 15 minutes.
- Serve hot, with parsley, salt and pepper.
- If made ahead, let cool, then cover and chill up until the next day.
- Reheat to simmering.