Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Makes 36 servings.
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- grated zest of two lemons
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, separated
- vegetable oil
- Combine rice, milk and Sugar in a 2- to 3-quart saucepan.
- Heat to boiling; stir once or twice.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer until milk is absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Spread rice on baking sheet and refrigerate 15 minutes.
- In large bowl, combine chilled rice, grated lemon zest, salt and 3 egg yolks.
- In separate bowl, lightly whip egg whites until soft peaks form and fold into rice mixture.
- Heat oil in skillet until hot.
- Drop batter by tablespoons into oil and fry until golden brown on all sides, about 3 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels. Serve hot.