Pork Recipes by the South Carolina Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 4
- 1 pound boneless pork, cut into ¾" cubes
- 1 x 8 oz. bottled low-calorie Italian dressing (purchased)
- 4 French-style rolls, split and toasted
- In self-sealing plastic bag, marinate pork cubes in dressing, refrigerated, overnight (6–24 hours).
- Discard dressing and thread pork cubes onto barbecue skewers (note: if using wooden skewers, soak skewers in water for an hour before using to prevent burning).
- Grill or broil, about four inches from heat, for 8–10 minutes, turning to brown all sides.
- Place cubes inside rolls and serve with purchased marinated peppers, if desired.