Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Soup mixes are a wonderful gift from the kitchen for college students, grandparents, young married couples or anyone that is new to cooking. The following combinations can be placed in jars; 1 cup of beans to each jar with a seasoning packet.
Gift Ideas: Place the beans and seasoning packet in a simple sewn muslin bag. Gather and tie the top with a country style fabric strip. Attach the recipe. You can also include the ½ cup of pasta by placing in a small plastic bag, then place in the middle of a fabric square (same country style material), gather and tie with a strip of muslin. Place both bags in a wicker basket lined with either fabric. Include soup bowls, napkins, and a bag of croutons. Also, if the person you are giving this to has a bread maker you can include a box or bag of bread mix. Available by the cake and muffin mixes in the grocery store.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
Seasoning packet Edit
- 8 tsp dried basil
- 8 tsp dried oregano
- 8 tablespoons beef or vegetable bouillon granules
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 4 tsp ground black pepper
- Stir together beans and split into four bags or jars with one cup in each.
- Stir together seasoning and divide equally into 4 small plastic bags.
- To give place in basket or gift bag with the recipe for Vegetable Bean Minestrone Soup.