Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Jenn B aka Mom2sam and Tiny at Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Yield: 8 servings (about 2 cups each)
- 1½ pounds ground turkey meat
- 2 egg whites
- ¼ cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 4 cloves garlic, minced, divided
- 3 tablespoons Italian seasoning, divided
- olive oil cooking spray
- 4 cans (15 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups green beans, diagonally cut into ½ inch pieces
- 4 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 medium onions, coarsely chopped
- 8 ounces thin spaghetti, uncooked, broken into 2- to 3-inch pieces
- 2 medium plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Mix ground turkey meat, egg whites, bread crumbs, 2 cloves of garlic, and 2 tablespoons of italian seasoning until well blended.
- Shape mixture into 32 meatballs.
- Spray large saucepan with cooking spray.
- Heat over medium heat until hot.
- Cook meatballs until browned on all sides (5 to 7 minutes).
- Add chicken broth, water, green beans, carrots, onions, remaining 2 cloves of garlic, and remaining 1 tablespoon of italian seasoning to saucepan.
- Heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered until vegetables are almost tender (about 8 minutes).
- Heat soup to boiling.
- Add pasta and tomatoes.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until pasta is al dente (about 10 minutes).
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories: 270 | Protein: 19 g | Sodium: 174 Mg | Cholesterol: 31.7 Mg | Fat: 8.7 g | Carbohydrates: 30.2 g
- Exchanges: 1½ bread | 2 Meat | ½ Fat