From my Aunt Maggie’s Collection. Dated 1922.
- 2 eggs beaten
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs, softened
- 1/2-cup tomato juice
- 2 tablespoons snipped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4-teaspoon salt
- 1/4-teaspoon pepper
- 1 small garlic clove minced
- 2 pounds lean ground Beef
- 8 thin slices of boiled Ham
- 6-ounces mozzarella, shredded
- 3 slices of mozzarella cut diagonally
- Combine eggs, breadcrumbs, juice, parsley, oregano, salt, pepper and garlic.
- Stir in ground Beef mix well.
- Pat into a thick rectangle on foil.
- Put Ham slices on top.
- Sprinkle shredded mozzarella on top.
- Roll up carefully using the foil pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350 oven for 1 hour.
- Top with Cheese triangles and cook 5 minutes longer to melt the Cheese.