- Serves: 24
- Calories: 190 per slice
- Prep Time: Approx. 1 hr.
- Occasion: Any
- Effort: Average
- Grease an oven safe pan, and sprinkle with sesame seed.
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup, level off. In a large bowl combine 2 1/2 cups of flour, Sugar, salt and yeast, blend well.
- In small saucepan, heat milk, water and 1/2 cup of butter until very warm. Add warm liquid and eggs to flour mixture.
- Blend at low speed until moistened, beat 3 minutes at medium speed. By hand stir in remaining 2 to 2 3/4 cups of flour to form a stiff batter.
- In small bowl combine all filling ingredients, mix well. Spoon half of batter over sesame seed in greased pan, spoon filling mixture evenly over batter within 1/2 inch sides of pan.
- Spoon remaining batter over filling. Cover loosely with plastic wrap, and cloth towel.
- Let rise in warm place, until light and doubled in size, about 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees Farenhiet. Uncover dough.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until golden brown and loaf sounds hollow when lightly tapped.
- Remove from pan immediately, cool on wir racks. Serve warm or cool.