Makes 6 servings.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- ½ cup soft breadcrumbs
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 x 10¾-ounce can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1 x 8-ounce can stewed tomatoes
- ½ cup water
- 1 x 10-ounce package frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- Combine beef, onion, breadcrumbs, garlic powder, oregano, egg and Worcestershire sauce; mix well.
- Form into 6 patties about ½ inch thick.
- Place in greased shallow 2-quart baking dish.
- Bake at 450°F for 15 minutes.
- Blend soup, tomatoes and water; pour over meat patties.
- Sprinkle with peas and carrots.
- Cover, reduce heat to 350°F, and continue baking 30 minutes.
- Serve over hot rice.