- In medium bowl, using fork, mix flour, sugar, salt and lemon peel until well blended.
- Add soy margarine and blend until coarse crumbs form–about the size of baby green peas.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon marsala and 1 tablespoon of water over crumb mixture.
- Toss gently, adding more water if necessary, until mixture can be pressed together with your hands.
- Press into ball, flatten slightly and wrap tightly in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or up to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- On lightly floured surface, roll out dough into 11-inch circle.
- Fit crust into 9-inch pie plate.
- Trim overhang and crimp edges.
- Prick crust all over with tines of fork.
- Place empty 9-inch pie plate over crust and fill with beans or pie weights.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove pie plate with weights and continue baking until just firm to touch, about 10 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Reduce oven to 325°F.
- Spread pine nuts in small baking pan and bake until golden, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes.
- Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine raisins and marsala.
- Let stand for 10 minutes to plump.
- Drain well, reserving soaking liquid.
- In small saucepan, combine tofu, apple juice and agar-agar flakes.
- Stir in reserved liquid from raisins.
- Bring just to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer gently until agar-agar flakes are completely dissolved, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes.
- In food processor, process almonds, 1 tablespoon of sugar and salt until almonds are finely ground.
- Using slotted spoon, remove tofu mixture to small bowl (cover saucepan to keep juice mixture hot).
- Working quickly, add a third of tofu mixture to ground nuts.
- Add lemon peel and process to blend.
- With motor running, gradually drizzle ¼ cup of oil into nut mixture.
- Alternately add remaining tofu and oil until blended.
- Mixture will have a grainy, ricotta-cheese-like texture.
- Add lemon juice and remaining sugar and process to blend.
- With motor running, gradually pour in hot apple juice.
- Mixture will have texture of thick mayonnaise and remain slightly grainy.
- Stir in raisins.
- Turn filling into crust and smooth surface.
- Scatter pine nuts over filling.
- To set pie, refrigerate, uncovered, for 1 hour.
- If not serving immediately, cover with plastic.
- Before serving, let pie stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.