Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Borden, Inc.
- Makes about 2 quarts
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- ¾ cup chopped onion
- 1 jar tomato and basil pasta sauce (26 oz)
- 1½ cups water
- 1 can whole tomatoes, undrained and broken (14.5 oz)
- 1 can sliced mushrooms, drained ( 4 oz)
- 2 oz sliced pepperoni (⅓ cup)
- 1 tbsp beef bouillon or 3 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp sugar
- In large kettle or Dutch oven, brown meat with onions; pour off fat.
- Add remaining ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Garnish as desired.
- Refrigerate leftovers.