Depending on the size of the yams you are able to buy, and what you are eating it with, each tuber should feed about 4-6 people.
- Slice the yams into pieces that are about 1 inch (2.5 centimeters) in width.
- Peel the skins off the yams.
- Rinse the yams.
- Place the yams in a pot and add enough water to cover it.
- Add about 2 teaspoons of salt.
- Cook the yams for about 30 minutes, checking every 10 minutes or so to see if the yams are soft enough (a fork should be able to go through with ease).
- Drain the yams.