Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 c. dried Lentils, prerinsed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 3 c. chicken broth
- 2 bay leaves
- Pinch dried thyme
- salt or garlic salt & pepper to taste
- 1 c. diced cooked Chicken or Turkey
- 1 c. chopped Onion
- 4 ribs celery, shredded
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 3 c. water
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- Pinch turmeric or curry powder, optional
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- Combine all ingredients, except lemon juice and poultry.
- In a large soup pot.
- Cover and simmer for 50–60 minutes or until Lentils are tender.
- Stir in lemon juice and Chicken or Turkey and heat through.
- Soup will be thick and may be thinned by adding additional water.
- Serves 4 generous meal sized portions.