Serves 6 – 8.
- 3 – 4 ripe tomatoes
- 2 large cucumbers
- 1 large green pepper
- ½ red pepper (optional)
- 1 onion
- ½ cup Italian salad dressing
- salt, pepper, garlic salt and oregano added to taste
- Israeli salad is used as a side dish, garnish and as an addition to sliced meat in a Syrian pocket.
- There are no "greens" in this salad, the vegetables are simply chopped and mixed together.
- Add salad dressing and spices.
- Improved flavor comes from being made a few hours ahead of time and/or served at room temperature.