Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
6 servings, about 200 calories each.
- 3 lbs. cut-up frying Chicken
- 1/4 c. lemon juice
- 1/2 c. orange juice
- 1 tsp. grated lemon or orange peel
- 1/4 tsp. tarragon
- 1/4 tsp. thyme
- salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. paprika
- Trim off fringe fat, if any, from Chicken.
- Place Chicken in a single layer skin side up in a shallow roasting pan. Bake in a very hot (450 degree) oven for 20 to 25 minutes, until skin is crisp and well rendered of fat.
- Pour off and discard fat.
- Combine citrus juices, peel, tarragon and thyme and pour over Chicken.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste, garlic powder and paprika.
- Lower oven temperature to 325 degrees.
- Bake, basting occasionally, until Chicken is tender, about 20 to 30 minutes more.
- Spoon sauce over Chicken to serve.