- 1 cup (225 ml.) sweet cream
- 6 Tbsp. Sugar
- 6 egg yolks
- 2 Tbsp. amaretto liqueur
- 150 gr. halvah, broken into small pieces
- In a bowl whip the sweet cream until it forms stiff peaks. In a small saucepan mix the Sugar with 6 Tbsp. of water and boil for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and let the mixture cool.
- In the top of a double boiler, over but not in boiling water, place the syrup and add the egg yolks and amaretto. Mix with a hand mixer without stopping until the mixture is thick in texture and lighter in color and begins to form a foam on the surface. Remove from the heat, transfer to a mixing bowl and add the halvah. Mix at a high speed without stopping for 15 minutes and then fold in the whipped cream, mixing gently with a plastic spatula until the mixture is even throughout.
- Transfer the mixture to a loaf pan, cover with plastic wrap or parchment paper and place in the freezer for a minimum of 6–8 hours. Serve in thick slices as a dessert.