Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is the well-known and now universal soup of the "Yiddishe mama" as it was served in east European Jewish homes. Former Prime Minister of Israel Golda Meir was known to cook a fine-tasting Chicken soup for both family and VIPs whenever they came to call. Chicken soup is reputed to cure the sick but is equally recommended to the healthy.
- 1 Soup Chicken
- Chicken Feet
- 3 1/2 qt water
- 2 onions
- 1 tbl salt
- 3 carrots
- 3 stalk celery
- 2 sprg Dill
- 3 sprg parsley
- Clean the Chicken and the feet thoroughly. (The feet add strength to the soup, so use as many as you can get.)
- Combine in a deep saucepan with water and onions.
- Bring to a boil and cook over medium heat for 1 1/2 hours.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 1 hour longer or until Chicken is tender.
- Remove Chicken and strain soup.
- Use the Chicken in other dishes or serve with the soup.