Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 cup Sour red cherries, pitted, halved*
- 1 cup peaches, peel/slice
- 1 cup Pitted plums chopped
- 1 cup Green Apple, grated
- 1 cup Sugar
- 6 cup water
- 1 tsp Fresh lemon juice
- 1 2-inch cinnamon stick
- 4 whl cloves
- 1/4 tsp salt, optional
- 1 1/2 tbl cornstarch
- 3 tbl water
- 1 cup Half-and-half
- 3 tbl Sabra liqueur
- sour cream
- sweet cherries
- Canned water-pack sour cherries, drained may be used but not as good.
- An Israeli orange based liqueur with a hint of chocolate. Available at Liquor stores or Middle Eastern markets.
- Combine fruits, Sugar, water, lemon juice, spices and salt. Cook 20 minutes until fruits are tender.
- Discard cinnamon stick and cloves and force fruit mixture through sieve or food mill. (Blender can be used but don't blend too long as it will become watery. Use on an off chopping motions). # Mix together cornstarch and water and stir into puree. Reheat and cook, stirring until slightly hickened. Cool and add half-and-half and Sabra.
- Chill thoroughly; adjust with more Sabra and/or lemon juice. Serve in chilled compote glasses with dollops of sour cream topped with a cherry.