Serves 8 or more.
- 5 matzo (or 4 cups matzo farfel)
- ½ cup sweet red wine and ¼ cup water
- 5 oz semi-sweet chocolate
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tbsp strong black coffee
- 1 cup butter
- ½ cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- In a medium bowl, break matzo into pieces, sprinkle with wine, mix well.
- Melt chocolate, sugar and coffee in top of a double boiler.
- Remove from heat and mix well.
- Beat butter until fluffy and add melted chocolate gradually.
- Beat well.
- With a wooden spoon, stir in crumbled matzo and chopped nuts.
- Pour mixture lengthwise, on a piece of waxed paper 12 inches long.
- Fold paper around mixture and shape like a big salami.
- Secure edges of paper.
- Refrigerate 4 to 6 hours.