This is the well-known and now universal soup of the "Yiddishe mama" as it was served in east European Jewish homes. Former Prime Minister of Israel Golda Meir was known to cook a fine-tasting Chicken soup for both family and VIPs whenever they came to call. Chicken soup is reputed to cure the sick but is equally recommended to the healthy.
- 1 soup Chicken
- 2 cubes Chicken bouillon
- 3 1/2 quarts water
- 2 onions
- 2 sprigs dill
- 1 tbs. salt
- 2 carrots
- 3 celery stalks
- 1 parsley root
- 3 sprigs parsley
- 1 tsp. lemon pepper salt
- Clean Chicken thoroughly.
- Combine in a deep saucepan with water, onions, and bouillon.
- Bring to a boil and cook over medium heat for 1 hour.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook over low heat 1/2 hour longer, or until Chicken is tender.
- Remove Chicken and strain soup.
- Taste and correct seasonings.
- Makes about 2 to 2-1/2 quarts of soup.
- Use the Chicken in other dishes or serve with the soup.
This is not real, it can be edited!