Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 med. Eggplant
- 1 med. green pepper
- 2 onions, peeled & chopped
- 3 tbsp. corn oil
- 3 carrots, finely chopped
- 1 rib celery, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 c. pearl barley
- 1 jar (2 oz.) pimentos, drained
- 1 pkg. mushroom-onion soup mix
- 3 c. boiling water
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- Grated Parmesan cheese (for garnish)
- 1 tbsp. vinegar
- Bake Eggplant and green pepper in crock pot on low for 1 hour.
- Remove and peel Eggplant.
- Seed pepper and chop with Eggplant. Set aside.
- Brown onions in oil in skillet; add carrots, celery and butter; saute 2–3 minutes.
- Add Barley; saute 2–3 minutes.
- Stir in pimento and soup mix; stir well.
- Turn into crock pot; add Eggplant and pepper.
- Rinse out skillet with boiling water. Add water to crock pot. Add vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low heat 6 hours.
- Stir before serving, garnish with grated Cheese.