- 1½ pounds firm textured fish fillets, such as halibut
- 1¼ cups fresh lime juice
- 3 pounds California avocados
- 6 papayas, 1 pound each
- 2 cups finely diced red onion
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 3 tbsp finely chopped jalapeño pepper
- ½ tbsp salt
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 48 thin corn tortillas (24 thick tortillas)
- Dice fish into ⅜-inch cubes; cover with lime juice.
- Refrigerate, tightly covered, for 6 hours or overnight.
Just before service Edit
- Cut avocado and papaya into ⅜-inch cubes; reserve.
- Drain fish; discard lime juice.
- Stir into fish the red onion, coconut, jalapeño and salt.
- Stir in olive oil.
- Gently fold in avocado and papaya.
Per order Edit
- Steam heat 2 thin or 1 thick tortilla to soften.
- For thin tortillas, stack 2 together, then fill with ¼ cup ceviche.
- For thick tortillas, fill each with ¼ cup ceviche.