Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Great served with salad and biscuits.
- Contributed by Ray at Pressurecookerrecipes Y-Group
- 1 x 3 lb chuck roast, excess fat trimmed away
- 2 slices bacon
- 1 cup onion, peeled and diced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon pickling spice
- 2 x 12 oz cans of Irish stout
- 1 can (14½ oz) diced tomatoes
- 2 white potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- In a 8 qt pressure cooker placed over medium heat, add the bacon slices and cook until crisp.
- Remove bacon from pot and add the chuck roast.
- Brown the meat on both sides.
- Add all remaining ingredients, except the potatoes, carrots and garlic.
- Crumble the bacon and add to the pot.
- Check the level of the liquid - it should rise to just cover the meat. If necessary, add more stout.
- Seal the pressure cooker and cook under high pressure for 40 – 60 minutes.
- Reduce pressure using quick pressure release method.
- Add the potatoes, carrots and garlic.
- Bring pressure cooker back to high pressure and cook for an additional 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let steam pressure reduce naturally or use quick release method.