Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 Cup White flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 Pound butter -- Softened
- 2 Ounces sugar
- 1 egg -- Slightly Beaten
- 2 Ounces milk
- Sultanas (white Raisins) Optional
- walnut Halves (optional)
- Mix flour And baking powder.
- Add butter, blending Until Mixture is butter-Colored.
- Add sugar And Continue to Mix Well.
- Add Half The Beaten egg and al The milk.
- Add Raisins or Some Nuts, if Desired, mixing Well to Make a Sticky Dough.
- Turn Dough Onto Floured Board And Knead at Least 5 Minutes or Longer.
- Cut Dough Into Rounds And Place on Greased Baking Sheet or Hot Frying Pan.
- Brush Tops of Scones With Remainder of Beaten egg.
- Place walnut Halves on Top, If Desired.
- Bake at 350 to 375 Degrees For 15 to 20 Minutes, or Until Brown.
If Preparing Over an Open Fire, Heat Frying Pan Till Very Hot .. Place Scones in Pan And Cook 7 to 8 Minutes. Turn And Cook 7 to 8 Minutes More. Makes 6 Scones.