Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale from the Steep Estate in Elmo, Texas in 1989.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 white onion
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 cups shredded white potatoes
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- olive and canola oil
- Chop the onions and peppers
- Then sauté lightly in olive oil and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine eggs, half-and-half, black pepper, garlic and salt, then whisk well.
- Add flour and mix well
- Then add the onion and pepper mixture and stir.
- Add potato and mix thoroughly.
- Preheat a frying pan or griddle to 375°F and brush with canola oil.
- Spoon out the mixture onto the griddle making 6 inch cakes.
- Flip the cakes over, frying each side.
- Serve topped with sour cream and finely chopped green onions.