This recipe came from an estate sale from the Steep Estate in Elmo, Texas in 1989.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 white onion
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 cups shredded white potatoes
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- olive and canola oil
- Chop the onions and peppers
- Then sauté lightly in olive oil and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine eggs, half-and-half, black pepper, garlic and salt, then whisk well.
- Add flour and mix well
- Then add the onion and pepper mixture and stir.
- Add potato and mix thoroughly.
- Preheat a frying pan or griddle to 375°F and brush with canola oil.
- Spoon out the mixture onto the griddle making 6 inch cakes.
- Flip the cakes over, frying each side.
- Serve topped with sour cream and finely chopped green onions.