Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- 1 lb flour
- ½ lb currants
- ½ lb raisins
- ¼ lb mixed peel
- ¾ lb brown sugar
- 2 tbs mixed spice (nutmeg and cinnamon
- 1 tsp rind of one lemon
- ½ lb butter
- 1 ts bicarbonate of soda
- 1 bottle Guinness or stout
- 4 eggs
- Sift the flour and cut in the butter.
- Add the fruit, spice, peel, etc.
- Beat eggs.
- Heat Guinness or other stout and pour it over the bicarbonateof soda.
- Pour stout and eggs over dry ingredients.
- Mix well and beat for 15 minutes.
- Bake in a well-greased 9 by 13 pan in a moderate oven, 350 °F, for 2½ - 3 hours.
- Keep for a week before cutting.