Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Mulligatawny is a traditional Indian soup that takes considerable time to cook.
- ½ lb scrag neck of lamb
- white pepper
- ½ small turnip
- 1 large carrot
- 1 large onion
- 1 small apple
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 1 blade of mace
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- 1 oz corn flour
- 1 tsp curry powder
- Remove excess fat off lamb.
- Fry in large pot until fat runs.
- Slice and dice turnip, carrot, onion and apple.
- Place diced vegetables in a large pan and fry in the lamb-fat for 5 minutes.
- Add meat and fry until golden brown.
- Add apple, parsley, thyme and mace.
- Mix corn flour and water before adding it to the pan.
- Stir continuously.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add curry powder.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 3 hours.
- Take out meat and remove bones.
- Chop into pieces and put back to soup mixture.
- Season soup with salt, pepper and parsley.
- Serve hot.