- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1-pound leg of lamb, cut into ¾-inch cubes, seasoned liberally with salt and pepper
- 3 cups beef broth
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (or ½ teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary or marjoram leaves
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups peeled potatoes, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1½ cups carrots, cut into ½-inch slices
- 1½ cups celery, cut into ½-inch slices
- ½ cup chopped onion
- Kosher salt to taste
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add lamb and cook until brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add beef broth, garlic, rosemary or marjoram, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer 20 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Stir in potatoes, carrots, celery, and onion.
- Return to boiling; reduce heat. Cover; simmer about 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Season stew to taste with salt.
- Lamb, Leg or Shoulder by the US Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.