Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Prep Time: 25 Minutes
- Servings: 8
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs + 2 egg whites
- ¼ cup granulated sugar (or sugar substitute)
- pinch of salt (⅛ tsp)
- 2 cups whole milk, scalded
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract, XX strength, if desired
- Spray a 3-quart baking dish or mold with nonstick vegetable spray.
- Sprinkle brown sugar over the bottom.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs and egg whites until light and lemon- colored.
- Add granulated sugar, and salt and mix thoroughly.
- Stir in the scalded milk and add the vanilla.
- Pour mixture over brown sugar.
- Place the baking dish or mold in a pan of hot water, 1-inch deep.
- Bake at 350°F about 50 minutes, or until firm and knife inserted in center comes out clean.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories: 140 | Protein: 5 g | Sodium: 102 mg | Cholesterol: 68 mg | Fat: 4 g | Carbohydrates: 23 g
- Exchanges: 1 starch/bread | ½ protein | ½ fat | ¼ milk