Contributed by Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Prep Time: 25 Minutes
- Servings: 8
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs + 2 egg whites
- ¼ cup granulated sugar (or sugar substitute)
- pinch of salt (⅛ tsp)
- 2 cups whole milk, scalded
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract, XX strength, if desired
- Spray a 3-quart baking dish or mold with nonstick vegetable spray.
- Sprinkle brown sugar over the bottom.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs and egg whites until light and lemon- colored.
- Add granulated sugar, and salt and mix thoroughly.
- Stir in the scalded milk and add the vanilla.
- Pour mixture over brown sugar.
- Place the baking dish or mold in a pan of hot water, 1-inch deep.
- Bake at 350°F about 50 minutes, or until firm and knife inserted in center comes out clean.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories: 140 | Protein: 5 g | Sodium: 102 mg | Cholesterol: 68 mg | Fat: 4 g | Carbohydrates: 23 g
- Exchanges: 1 starch/bread | ½ protein | ½ fat | ¼ milk