Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- 4 cups all purpose / bread flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt to taste
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cups buttermilk
- Stir flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda and raisins together.
- Separately, fork-blend eggs and buttermilk, then add to dry ingredients.
- Stir until sticky batter is formed.
- Scrape batter onto well floured surface and knead lightly.
- Shape batter into ball, then place in round non-stick casserole that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Mark a cross in the center, using a sharp knife.
- Bake uncovered in preheated 350 degree oven for about 1¼ hours.
- Wait 10–15 minutes before attempting to remove bread from casserole, then cool on wire rack.
- If desired, cut loaf into quarters and then slice thinly.