- 1 can Chick Peas - (15 oz)
- 1 can Small red kidney beans - (15 oz)
- 2 cup couscous
- 2 1/2 cup Salted boiling water
- 2 tbl Tahini paste
- 1 x garlic clove minced
- 1 tsp Ground cumin
- 1 tsp Ground coriander
- 1/2 cup Plain non-fat yogurt
- 1/2 cup parsley leaves - (packed)
- 1 tbl olive oil
- 1 tsp Grated lemon zest
- 2 tbl lemon juice
- salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup walnuts toasted, chopped
- Mixed greens, such as torn escarole, watercress, and Bibb or Boston lettuce lightly tossed with salad dressing of choice
- Chopped grilled or roasted vegetables to taste
- 1/2 cup Roasted peppers in fine julienne
- Chill the chick Peas and beans for as long as possible. Steep couscous in boiling salted water.
- In a blender or food processor or by hand, blend until smooth the tahini paste, garlic, cumin, coriander, lowfat yogurt, parsley, olive oil, grated lemon zest and juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper and transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Add the chilled beans to the dressing and walnuts. Fluff up the couscous with a fork and add to beans and walnuts; toss the ingredients together and adjust the seasoning.
- On each dinner plate make an outer wreath of dressed greens, an inner wreath of mixed grilled vegetables of choice and center couscous and chick Peas in the middle. Garnish top with roasted red peppers This recipe yields 4 to 6 servings.