Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Elbow macaroni salad. A cool delicious summertime treat that is sure to be a welcomed side dish at any family barbeque or block party. A great traditional pasta salad perfect for summer grilling! Keep the salad cold by placing the salad bowl inside a larger bowl filled with ice.
- By Chef Antonio Cecconi
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original salad
- Prep Time: 15 minutes | Refrigeration Time: 1 hour
- Serves 8 (side dish servings)
- 16 ounces Dreamfields elbows (one box)
- 1 cup light sour cream
- ½ cup low-fat mayonnaise
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon [salt]]
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup chopped green onion
- 1 cup cucumber, diced ½ -inch
- 1 cup broccoli floret tops
- ¼ cup carrot, chopped
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Rinse under cold water and drain well.
- Mix together sour cream, mayonnaise, parsley, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Combine dressing with vegetables.
- Add pasta and toss gently with other ingredients until well coated.
- Refrigerate at least one hour prior to serving.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories (kcal) 257 | Protein (g) 10 | Carbohydrates (g) 20 | Fat (g) 4 | Saturated Fat (g) 1 | Cholesterol (mg) 5 | Sodium (mg) 340 | Total Dietary Fiber (g)* 5