Soft Ethiopian bread. One bag is the amount quoted. It usually suffices for 500 g flour. I do not know how many grams it is, about 1 Tbs. On the cook in a Phalashi (that's an Ethiopian Jewish) restaurant in the central station in Tel-Aviv. I tried the food there and liked it a lot. I have more Ethiopian recipes, and will translate them if there is interest. — from Amhari via Hebrew to English ). Enjoy!
- Put the flour in a deep bowl. Add the yeast and baking powder .
- Add water gradually while stirring until you get a smooth batter. Keep for 3 days at (Ethiopian) room temperature.
- Stir every four hours.
- Heat a frying pan (25 – 30 cm diameter) and oil with 2 – 3 Tbs oil.
- Pour batter to form a layer at least ½ cm thick.
- Cover and fry for 2 – 3 minutes. When the bread starts to lift at the edge and solidifies at the lower side, turn it over. You get a kind of soft and porous pita.
- Wet with water the lower side of the pan and oil the inner side before each bread.