Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Gingerbread - Serves 2
- 1 cup soft butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup molasses
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup sour milk
- 2½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 4 eggs -- beaten
- Cream butter and sugar well.
- Stir in molasses and mix well.
- Stir soda into the sour milk. (To turn sweet milk sour quickly, and 1½ tablespoons of lemon juice or 1⅓ tablespoons of vinegar to lukewarm sweet milk. Let stand a few minutes to sour before you use it).
- Add milk alternately to the creamed mixture with the sifted dry ingredients and the eggs.
- Beat well after each addition of the beaten eggs.
- Pour into 2 greased and floured baking pans (9 × 12).
- Bake 45 to 55 minutes in a preheated 325ºF oven.
- Serve plain or warm with your favorite hard sauce.