Found this at Jerusalem Post website. Sounds yummy! Great use of leftover rice too.
- 3 cups brown rice, cooked and cooled
- 1/2 cup fresh dates, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds
- 1 red pepper or green pepper, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 3/4 cup frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1/3 cup sunflower oil
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 3-4 tablespoons sherry wine or brandy
- 1 lemon, juice of 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- salt and black pepper
Mix all the salad ingredients a large bowl.
In a smaller bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients together and pour over the salad.
Toss the salad and serve on lettuce leaves.
You may serve with hoisin sauce or chutney on the side.