A Catfish recipe.
- 16 wooden skewers
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon packed brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 4 U.S. farm-raised catfish fillets
Cucumber salad Edit
- 2 cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup vinegar
- 1 cup water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon liquid, non-sugar sweetener
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Soak the wooden skewers in water and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- This will prevent the wood from burning during cooking.
- Combine the soy sauce, 1 tablespoon vinegar, brown sugar, ginger, and garlic in a small bowl.
- Stir well to dissolve the sugar.
- Set aside.
- Cut the catfish fillets, lengthwise, into four thin strips.
- Two of the strips will be longer than the others.
- Thread one catfish strip onto each wooden skewer.
- Cover the catfish skewers with the marinade and refrigerate for several hours.
- When ready to serve, grill the skewers for 3 minutes per side and serve warm on a bed of cucumber salad as a first course, or from a buffet table with a choice of sauces.