Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 6 servings.
- 3/4 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup chopped Onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups water*
- 1 cup uncooked aromatic rice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Cook dates, Onion, green pepper, almonds and garlic in butter in 3-quart saucepan until vegetables are tender crisp.
- Add water, rice, lemon peel, salt, cloves and cardamom.
- Heat to boiling; stir once or twice.
- Reduce heat to simmer; cover and cook 15 to 20 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Fluff with fork.