Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Wonderfully aromatic, cardamom adds a distinct and delicious Indian flavor to this tasty soup, which is also good served warm in cooler months.
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: South Beach Diet Taste of Summer Meal Plan
- Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 20 minutes | Chill time: 30 minutes
- Makes 4 (1½ cup) servings
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp cayenne
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 (28-oz) can whole peeled tomatoes, with juices
- 1⅓ cups low-fat or non-fat plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add cardamom, cumin, and cayenne; cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Stir in onion, garlic, and salt; reduce the heat to medium and cook until onion is softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and their juices, bring to a simmer, and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat.
- Cool briefly and then stir in yogurt and lime juice.
- Transfer half of the tomato mixture to a blender and puree until smooth; pour into a large bowl.
- Repeat with remaining tomato mixture; pour into the bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled, about 30 minutes.
- Serve chilled.
Nutritional information Edit
- 150 Calories | 5g Fat | 1.5g Saturated fat | 6g Protein | 17g Carbs | 2g Fiber | 600mg Sodium