Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Served chilled these apples baked in coconut milk would make an unusual and cooling dessert to end a spicy meal. If you prefer you can cook them in the microwave on HIGH for 6-8mins instead.
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 25 – 30 mins
- Serves: 4
- 1 (400g) can coconut milk
- 100 g / 4 oz caster sugar
- 4 cardamom pods, split
- 4 Bramley apples, halved and cored
- pistachio nuts and pomegranate seeds to serve
- Place the coconut milk, sugar and cardamom pods in a pan and gently bring to the boil, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Set to one side to allow the cardamom to infuse the milk.
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C / Fan 160 °C / 350 °F / Gas Mark 4. Place the apples cut side down in an ovenproof dish, pour over the coconut milk, cover the dish with foil, then ovenbake for 25 – 30 mins or until the apples are tender. Cool then chill.
- Serve the apples in small bowls with chopped pistachios or pomegranate seeds to decorate.