Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Pioneer and Indian Recipes by Whitman Mission National Historical Site, National Parks Service, US Department of the Interior, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- In a bowl, mix sugar and milk.
- Add flour.
- Gradually stir in the water until the flour is moistened and the dough forms.
- Turn the dough out on a lightly floured surface; knead until dough is well mixed.
- Roll to a 10 inch square and about ½ inch thickness.
- Cut into 12 rectangles.
- In a deep saucepan, heat some oil at 375 °F.
- And fry the dough 2–3 minutes or until medium brown.
- Turn often as you are frying.
- Drain on a paper towel and sprinkle with powdered sugar.