- 2 cups cooked chickpeas (substitute with canned black or kidney beans if you prefer)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 hot chile of your choice (optional, or add more!), minced
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tbsp fresh minced cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
- Sauté the garlic, ginger, chile, ground coriander and cumin in a small sauté pan, with a little water till garlic is soft.
- Add to chickpeas. Mash thoroughly.
- Add cilantro leaves and salt/pepper.
- Serve cold or at room temperature as a dip.