Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Baked carrot ring
- Serves 6
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ½ cup light cream
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese — grated
- 1 cup carrots — grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 3 eggs — separated
- 2 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 2 cups creamed peas (or mushrooms)
- Melt butter in large saucepan.
- Add flour, gradually and stir until smooth.
- Stir in alternately, a little at a time, the cream and the Cheese.
- Add carrots, salt and pepper.
- Stir in the beaten egg yolks.
- Beat egg whites until stiff and fold in.
- Bake in a buttered ring mold coated with bread crumbs. Fill not more than ⅔ full. Set in a pan with enough hot water in it to come halfway up on the mold. Bake for about 50 minutes, or until firm, in a preheated 350°F oven.
- Unmold on a platter.
- Fill center of ring with tiny creamed peas or mushrooms.